You can generate an SSH key on Windows using the PuTTY SSH client. You can download PuTTY for free from this URL.
To generate a key with PuTTY, you should:
Adding your SSH key to the ssh-agent. Before adding a new SSH key to the ssh-agent to manage your keys, you should have checked for existing SSH keys and generated a new SSH key. When adding your SSH key to the agent, use the default macOS ssh-add command, and not an application installed by macports, homebrew, or some other external source. To generate an SSH key in Windows 10: Ensure the Windows 10 OpenSSH client is installed. Run “ssh-keygen” in Command Prompt and follow the instructions to generate your key.
- Download and start the puttygen.exe generator.
- In the 'Parameters' section choose SSH2 DSA and press Generate.
- Move your mouse randomly in the small screen in order to generate the key pairs.
- Enter a key comment, which will identify the key (useful when you use several SSH keys).
- Type in the passphrase and confirm it. The passphrase is used to protect your key. You will be asked for it when you connect via SSH.
- Click 'Save private key' to save your private key.
- Click 'Save public key' to save your public key.
Generate Ssh Key Windows
For more information on how to load the key and connect via SSH using PuTTY, please check this tutorial.
Key Windows 10 Free
Create Ssh Key Windows Cmd
You find this article useful? Click here to learn more about SiteGround web hosting experts and what else we can do for you!